Saturday, April 3, 2010

Borrowed words...


Today as my partner and I wandered through the mad rush of people in our local shopping complex, I over heard a girl talking to her sister on the phone. The reason I knew it was her sister is because of what she said sounded exactly like something I would say to one of mine.
The girl had a flowing mane of bright red coloured hair and was cute looking like a little pixie.
Pixie girl " I know I know, but this time we have to get a present for mum, that actually looks like it would be something that dad would get."
At this point I was hooked and walked a little closer to her.

Pixie girl "But we always get her things like that lets try and think what dad would buy her."

She was quite for a minute then said..

"Yes your right bad idea, lets just go with what I said before at least we know she will love it!"


That was it, I was finished stalking the pixie girl, I had a big giggle to myself, because that sounds so familiar.

Dad if your reading this yes I know you pick good presents for mum, but I know at times over the last 30 years of child rearing we have bought a few bits and bobs along the way.


When I came home and was thinking again, about the pixie girl it made me realise that really most of our fundamental relationships are the same. The daughters always boss around the dads and the mums always get great presents.

Well that's how it is in my family, or maybe that only happens when you come from a family of girls?

Happy Easter everyone x

No comments:

Post a Comment