Monday, January 4, 2010

A fresh start!












I love the new year, the fresh feeling of a whole year before you not yet unraveled.
A feeling of starting new, of being refreshed and excited and ready to take any thing on with a fresh perspective.
I spent Christmas at my folks in the middle of the country. It must be something about the fresh country air that clears my head, gives me a sense of direction, and gives me a whole new lease on what I want, and where I am going.
I love simply hanging with my sisters and being inspired by their stories of their lives, and feeling deeply connected with them.
This was the first time that I have been home that I have noticed how still it is out there. There is a deep quietness to the land, a sense of peacefulness that I felt cradled by. I felt nurtured and safe. Which was a big change after the rush of the salon, over the Dec month we didn't stop it was full on. I am so lucky to have a country retreat I can escape to each year. A wonderful family to go home to, and a place where I can simply be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment